China Adoption Coordinator
The China Adoption Coordinator is responsible for the facilitation of China adoption cases. The China Adoption Coordinator processes family documents as they are received, is in constant contact with families regarding document preparation, and provides ongoing emotional support for families in all stages of the adoption process. The Coordinator maintains positive relationships with other adoption agencies through constant communication on behalf of clients. The person in this role is expected to follow all local, state, federal and international adoption regulations.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience providing adoption services required.
- Knowledge of international adoption.
- Excellent organizational and public relations skills.
- Ability to work with adoptive families individually or in a group setting.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related human service field, along with proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel Outlook and PowerPoint, excellent writing skills, and professionalism a must. Candidates should possess the competency to multi-task with high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Applicant should demonstrate excellent clinical and assessment skills, along with strong communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs individually as a social worker, to ensure that agency programs meet all county, state and federal regulations regarding social work.
- Participates in regular Living Hope Adoption Agency social services staff meetings for case review and evaluation.
- Coordinates services and resources to benefit children and their families.
- Ensures proper training of prospective adoptive families.
- Provides home study and post adoption services to families, as needed.
- Facilitates the adoptive families to complete adoption paperwork.
- Assists with advocating for all children eligible for adoption on various social media outlets.
- Ensures adequate record keeping on all assigned cases.
- Follows all policies, procedures and philosophies of the agency.
- Provides program information by phone, email, or in person.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email with your resume to EILEEN MARRIOTT (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can set up a time to have an introductory phone conversation.
We look forward to hearing from you!