ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT:
- Age: Prospective adoptive parents must be at least 15 years older than their adoptive children. There is no upper age limit, although parents over 50 will be encouraged to adopt an older child rather than an infant.
- Marriage: Under Bulgarian law, prospective adoptive parents can be a heterosexual married couple or a single person.
- Income: There is no minimum income required by Bulgaria. However, you must meet the income requirements provided by USCIS for the child to immigrate. According to
USCIS, your household income must be equal to or higher than 125% of the U.S. poverty level for your household size.
- Heath Status: Applicants must be generally healthy.
- Criminal History: Applicants must disclose all criminal history. Any criminal history will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Number of Children in the Home: There are no limits on family size!
- Citizenship: At least 1 applicant must be a US Citizen.