FOR CHINA'S PRE-ADOPTIVE FAMILIES
Please read through the lists of requirements below to see if you qualify for adopting from China. If you have any questions, please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both adoptive parents must be at least 30 years of age when your dossier is logged in to the China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA).
- If both adoptive parents are over 50 years old, the age difference between the youngest parent and the adopted child should be no more than 50 years. The age difference between a single adoptive mother and the adopted child should be no more than 45 years.
- Joint income must be at least $10,000 per household member, including the adopted child.
- The family must have a net worth (assets – liabilities) of $80,000 or more.
- Single women are eligible to adopt if their net worth is $100,000 or more.
- If one party has no divorce history or 1 divorce, the couple must be married for at least 2 years.
- If either person has 2 divorces, the couple must be married for at least 5 years.
- Each spouse can have no more than 2 divorces.
- Single females are eligible to adopt through the Waiting Child program. Restrictions may apply. Contact our office for more detailed information via phone or email at email@example.com.
- If the couple has lived together before marriage, that time can be included in the length of marriage.
Health of the Adoptive Parents
- Prospective adoptive parents must have a clean bill of health. Special medical conditions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please call our office to discuss your specific situation.
- Both prospective adoptive parents must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 40.
- At least one of the adoptive parents must be a U.S. Citizen in order for LHAA to facilitate your adoption.
- For an adoptive couple, the number of minors living in the home cannot be more than 5.
- For a single adoptive mother, the number of minors living in the home cannot be more than 2.
- The youngest child in the home should reach 3 years old.
Prospective adoptive families and orphans must also meet the eligibility requirements of China, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and their respective state laws.