USCIS Fee Increase and Certificate of Citizenships

Living Hope Adoption Agency highly recommends re-adoption and obtaining a state issued birth certificate for your adopted child.  Click here for the reasons why.

Children who met these requirements on that date automatically became American citizens.  Children who were 18 years of age or older on that date did not acquire American citizenship from the Child Citizenship Act of 2000.  Children who entered the US with an IR-3 or IH-3 visa on or before February 27, 2001 are eligible to receive automatic citizenship but since you entered the US on December 21, 2002 this would not apply to your family.  If you want to confirm this information, you can contact USCIS at 1-877-424-8374.

Effective December 23, 2016, USCIS will be increasing their fees.  Applications and petitions postmarked or filed on or after this date must include the new fees or USCIS will reject your submission.  The new fees may be found by visiting the USCIS website here.

Families who adopted before February 2001 are strongly recommended to apply for a certificate of citizenship (Form N-600) for their children before the fee increase.

State laws and additional information may be found by visiting Child Welfare Information Gateway Child Welfare Information Gateway.  You may also contact our agency at 215-540-8999 for additional information.