For China’s Pre-Adoptive Families
Please read through the lists of requirements below to see if you qualify for adopting from China. If you have any questions, please call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both adoptive parents must be at least 30 years of age when your dossier is logged in to the China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA).
- Joint income must be at least $10,000 per household member, including the adopted child.
- The family must have a net worth (assets – liabilities) of $80,000 or more.
- Single women are eligible to adopt if their net worth is $100,000 or more.
- The minimum amount of time that couples must be married before adopting is 2 years.
- If either person has been divorced, the couple must be married for at least 5 years.
- Each spouse can have no more than 2 divorces.
- Single females are eligible to adopt through the Waiting Child program. Restrictions may apply. Contact our office for more detailed information via phone or email at email@example.com.
Health of the Adoptive Parents
- Prospective adoptive parents must have a clean bill of health, specifically indicating no surgeries or medications without a doctor’s letter. Special medical conditions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please call our office to discuss your specific situation.
- Both prospective adoptive parents must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 40.
- At least one of the adoptive parents must be a U.S. Citizen in order for LHAA to facilitate your adoption.
Prospective adoptive families and orphans must also meet the eligibility requirements of China, Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), and their respective state laws.